Enerdrive 12V 40A DC2DC+ Battery Charger With Cable And Midi Fuse Kit
Enerdrive 40A DC to DC Battery Charging Installation Kit, includes Midi Fuses and Holders, Lugs and Heavy Duty 16mm ² Twin Core Cable, 5 Year warranty.
This kit has been designed for in-vehicle installation.
- 12V 40A ePOWER DC2DC Battery Charger - 12V 40A, EN3DC40+
- 16mm ² Twin Core Cable 6 Meters
- 16MM – 8mm Diameter Cable Lugs x12 Pieces
- 2 x Midi fuse holders( Please note supplied holders may be different to ones in photo)
- 1 x 60 amp & 70 amp midi fuses
- Two totally independent DC Inputs for both engine and solar regulation charging one house battery bank output
- DC M6 screw terminals that will allow for large battery cable connection between all sources
- A dedicated Maximum Power Point (MPPT) solar regulator
- The same battery algorithms as included in our AC mains ePOWER battery charger. GEL, AGM, Flooded, Lithium and the ability to create a full custom profile
- Vehicle input allows for either 12 or 24v and a maximum solar input of 45V/800W
- 40A+ output up to 40+°C with thermo controlled fan cooling
- Fully programmable LCD display to show which source is charging the battery along with charger status, voltage and amperage
- Temperature sensor included with charger for more accurate battery charging
The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic multistage, multi input battery charger with the ability to charge from either an alternator linked to a battery; or via solar power with the in built Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Controller. With two inputs available, the main/house battery will be charged from either the engine while underway, or via the solar panels when stationary. The process to choose either engine or solar is fully automatic and both functions are controlled from within the unit itself without the need for external relays.
During normal operation the ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will do a full charge cycle to float stage on the house battery bank with ability to choose either GEL, AGM, Flooded, Custom Programmable or Lithium. Once float stage is reached the charger transitions to a power supply mode to support any on-board DC loads.
Multistage Charging Process
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic, set and forget charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your deep cycle batteries utilising charger algorithms that help to maximise the life of your specialised deep cycle batteries.
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger features multistage smart charging technology that enables the charger to be connected to your battery bank permanently. With the input of multiple sources, you can be assured of charging your batteries whenever underway; or when the sun is shining on your solar array.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, deep cycle batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ smart charger delivers three primary charge stages.
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady, the remaining 20% is replaced with the charger allowing the current to taper off as the battery approaches full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged, yet allows the charger to supply enough current to make up for the self-discharge losses of the battery, while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery (such as DC lighting and refrigerators). This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Smart Charging Feature
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery bank. This function is important to maintain the life of your battery bank as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the battery bank. The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger has two methods of load based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float when it should do so.